The Ronald and Eileen Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia at the University of Michigan invites applications for the Weiser Professional Development Awards. Candidates must have excellent oral and written English language skills. The awards support short-term research visits of 4 weeks or 3 months to the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor and include round-trip airfare, housing, health insurance, and a modest per diem. Visits may be planned for the months of February, March, April, September, October or November 2018 only. Selection of 2018 awardees will be made through a competitive review of proposals at the University of Michigan. These awards are made possible thanks to a gift from Ambassador Ronald Weiser, U.S. Ambassador to Slovakia from 2001-04, and his wife, Eileen Lappin Weiser.
Deadline to Apply is September 15th, 2017
Duration of the grant
4 weeks or 3 months between February-April 2018 or September-November 2018.
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kaliningrad (Russia), Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia, Moldova, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
- A completed application form
- A copy of a doctoral diploma or the highest professional degree
- A copy of a passport photo page
- A two-page personal statement describing the research or collaborative project you plan to pursue at the University of Michigan, and your reason for applying for this opportunity, how this opportunity will benefit your home institution, your reason for selecting a 4-week or 3-month visit
- An invitation from a University of Michigan school, department, and/or faculty partner with whom the research will be conducted; email invitation is acceptable (For more information about U-M departments and programs, consult umich.edu)
- One letter of recommendation from the rector or dean of your institution
- Consent to participate in a interview via telephone or Skype