The Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program offers American academics, artists or professionals the opportunity to lecture and/or conduct research at Polish institutions.
Proposals are welcome from candidates in all disciplines with established relations with the host institution. The Commission strongly encourages women in STEM fields to apply. The Commission welcomes applications from all candidates regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, geographic location, socio-economic status and physical or mental ability.
We also offer four Distinguished Chair posts and one research award together with our partner institutions:
- Distinguished Scholar in Humanities and Social Sciences at Adam Mickiewicz University
- Distinguished Scholar in Humanities at Maria Curie-Sklodowska University
- Distinguished Scholar in Humanities and Social Sciences at the American Studies Center, University of Warsaw
- Teaching East European and Eurasian Studies at the Centre for East European Studies, University of Warsaw
- Teaching at the Faculty of Architecture of the Tadeusz Kosciuszko Cracow University of Technology
- Research in Humanities and Social Sciences at the Polish Institute of Advanced Studies (PIASt)
Beside the research, grantees have the opportunity to participate in variety of enrichment activities (such as EU/NATO Seminar organized by the Fulbright Commission in Belgium or Inter-Country Travel Grant), and engage in public diplomacy by delivering presentations, seminars, and workshops on U.S. higher education and culture across Poland.
Spread the word about the Fulbright U.S. Scholar awards to Poland and inform us of prospective U.S. scholars who would be strong candidates to the program. If you have a colleague who could contribute to and gain from the program, click the link to refer them, or share this link with them. Once an individual is referred, IIE/CIES will contact them to discuss their interests and guide them through the application process. We encourage you to share this link with your networks as well!