The Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program offers American academics, artists or professionals the opportunity to lecture and/or conduct research at Polish institutions.
Proposals are welcome from candidates in all disciplines with established relations with the host institution. The Commission strongly encourages women in STEM fields to apply. We also offer four Distinguished Chair posts and one research award together with our partner institutions:
- Distinguished Chair in Humanities and Social Sciences at the American Studies Center, University of Warsaw
- Distinguished Chair in East European and Eurasian Studies at the Center for East European Studies, University of Warsaw
- Distinguished Chair in Humanities and Social Sciences at the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan
- Distinguished Chair in Humanities at the Maria Curie-Sklodowska University in Lublin
- Humanities and Social Sciences Research at the Polish Institute of Advanced Studies (PIASt)
Beside the research, grantees have the opportunity to participate in variety of enrichment activities (such as EU/NATO Seminar organized by the Fulbright Commission in Belgium or Inter-Country Travel Grant), and engage in public diplomacy by delivering presentations, seminars, and workshops on U.S. higher education and culture across Poland.
Spread the word about the Fulbright U.S. Scholar awards to Poland and inform us of prospective U.S. scholars who would be strong candidates to the program. If you have a colleague who could contribute to and gain from the program, click the link to refer them, or share this link with them. Once an individual is referred, IIE/CIES will contact them to discuss their interests and guide them through the application process. We encourage you to share this link with your networks as well!