Laureates of the Fulbright Specialist Program in Poland
March 9, 2020
Fulbright Program, News
We are pleased to present a list of laureates of the Fulbright Specialist Program.
The Fulbright Specialist Program allows universities, cultural centers, non-governmental organizations, and other institutions abroad to host a leading U.S. academic or professional to work on diverse, short-term collaborative projects. The next recruitment cycle for Polish institutions will be launched in October 2020.
During the last round of this competition in Fall 2019, we received 39 applications for 42 visits – 31 named project requests (when the host institution names a Specialist in the application) and 8 open requests (when the host institution searches for a Specialist). 13 institutions received nominations from the Board of the Polish-U.S. Fulbright Commission:
- Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, Population Ecology Lab, discipline: Environmental Science, project title: “Dispersal of an invasive cereal-feeding mites”.
- Gdańsk University of Technology, Faculty of Architecture, discipline: Urban Planning, project title: “Ensuring excellence in planning education”.
- High school and Branch School complex no. 6 in Rybnik, discipline: Education, project title: “Education and Independence for People with Disabilities”
- Łodz Film School, discipline: American (U.S.) Studies, project title: ““Stitching Europe” – international theatre actor training”.
- Museum of Art in Łódź, discipline: American (U.S.) Studies, project title: “Curatorial and Collecting Practices – Global Art Scene”.
- National Centre for Nuclear Research in Otwock, Department of Nuclear Techniques and Equipment, discipline: Physics Education, project title: “Research of luminescence mechanism in inorganic scintillator”.
- Pedagogical University of Cracow, Institute of Technology, discipline: Engineering Education, project title: “Interdisciplinary education in the Institute of Technology”.
- Poznań University of Economics and Business, Institute of Economics, discipline: Economics, project title: “Enhancing efficiency analysis skills at PUEB”.
- Rzeszow University of Technology, Faculty of Management, discipline: Social Work, project title: “An Interdisciplinary joint research project for immigrants”.
- University of Rzeszów, Faculty of Medicine, discipline:Public/Global Health, project title: “ADI-R and ADOS-2 standardized assessments”.
- University of Wrocław, Institute of English Studies, discipline: American (U.S.) Studies, project title: “Children’s Literature and Film: American Perspectives”.
- Warsaw University of Life Sciences, Management Institute, discipline: Business Administration, project title: “Consultation and Expertise Cultivation”.
- Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, discipline: Engineering Education, project title: “Microgrids – a way to eradicate energy poverty”.
Congratulations! Successful projects will be completed by the end of September 2021.